Saturday, February 6, 2010

the yellow pot

Do you have a favorite item in your kitchen?

I have this wonderful yellow pot.
I don't know what I did before I had it.


I ordered it from QVC a few years back.
I don't even know the manufacturer.
But it was "made in France".

I use it all the time.
It is perfect for browning something
and then popping it into the oven.

Everything comes out delicious
and super tender.
The best comfort food.

Every time I use it, I always say,
"I don't know what I did before I had this yellow pot"
and my husband just smiles.

The other night he was making
pork chops in the yellow pot
(he is an awesome cook)
and when he took them out of the oven
he said,
"I don't know what we did before you got this yellow pot."
And I just smiled.

I love that it is used over and over
to make
meals for my family.

Tonight I am making one of my mom's recipes that I remember from my
childhood in the yellow pot:
It's nothing fancy...but it's super simple,
and really good!

"Easy Beef Burgandy"
2 1/2 to 3 pounds stew beef cut in cubes
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 cup red wine (burgandy)

(I don't do mushrooms, so I am using 2 cans of the cream of celery soup.)

Put all ingredients into a heavy casserole pot; stir to mix; cover;
bake at 325 for 3 hours.
Serve over noodles.
Delicious.

What do you love to cook with in your kitchen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails