Saturday, February 6, 2010

More Love


I've been thinking about
l - o - v - e
this month.

And the fact that I am blessed with
an abundance of love
in my life.

Sometimes I think I have not had my eyes open
to all the love that
surrounds me.
I take things for granted.
I take things "too personally".
I feel sorry for myself.

This year I want to be open
to all the love
that I can
find
in my life
if
I
take the time
to
seek it.



I am so blessed by the love of
my husband.
He is my number one supporter.
He takes such good care of me.
He is the
one.

I am so blessed by the love of
good friends.
I love that I have girlfriends who I can just be myself around.
They don't judge me; they just listen.
Even though we get busy, when we fall in together again,
we pick up just like we'd never been apart.

I am so blessed by
the love of my son.
Last year was a hard one.
My husband and I watched as he
sort of self destructed
into someone we did not
recognize.
It was his last year of high school
and he got caught up in all the wrong things.
He crashed his car, lost his license, did not
care about school.
And it seemed he did not care about us.
I had let myself get into such a destructive
and disfunctional relationship with him, because I did not
know how to set the boundaries.
It caused so much turmoil in our family, between my husband and me,
between my husband and my son. 
My husband was trying so hard to break this destructiveness and it drove us all much farther apart.  Eventually we had to ask my son to leave, and he went to live with my parents for awhile.
He came back briefly to finish up his school year, but then in June moved out to his own place. I did not think that things would ever be the same again between my husband and my son.

My heart was so crushed because I had always been so close with him. For awhile, before I met my husband, it was just me and my little man.  I missed his hugs, his smile, his happiness. But God taught me to let go and become patient.
And that you just have to keep on loving and hoping and praying over them.

Today he is doing so much better...totally excited about college.  I see him or talk to him every day and I feel like our relationship is better than it's ever been. We can talk about everything again. Last week we were talking and he told me that he doesn't want that awful year to define his life or who he is. 
At Christmastime my husband said he wanted him to come home and it was the best.  They are slowly healing their relationship again.  And I see that love in my husband's eyes for my son.  The other day my son was talking about my husband and he said to me, "Mom, I have been so blessed to have him in my life."

So at a time when I thought love might not even be enough to save
this little family,
 it did.

Just look out around us
People fightin' their wars
They think they'll be happy
When they've settled their scores
Let's lay down our weapons
That hold us apart
Be still for just a minute
Try to open our hearts


More love, I can hear our hearts cryin'
More love, I know that's all we need
More love, to flow in between us

To take us and hold us and lift us above
If there's ever an answer
It's
more  love.

(dixie chicks)



How has love made an impact on your life???
What can you learn, accomplish, experience
by being open to
seeing and seeking the
love
that surrounds you?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails